Texas Counter Fitters mission is to provide our customers with the most outstanding experience. Our goal is to create unique and beautiful countertops with rocks (granite, marble, onyx, slate, soapstone, travertine, quartz, and quartzite) from around the globe.
Natural stone has been used for building applications for over two thousand years. The reason it has remained popular is due to its sustainability, flexibility, and availability. Here at Texas Counter Fitters we pride ourselves in being craftsman of Natural Stone. We specialize in custom granite and marble countertops.
Looking for new granite countertops? Look no farther than the professionals here at Texas Counter Fitters. Call us for your FREE ESTIMATE. We will take all the time you need to find the perfect stone for your countertops. Granite countertops are unique and beautiful. With the growing trend torwards sustainable natural stone countertops we are here to help you with all your options.
We also carry all of the newly popular quartz surfaces from suppliers such as Caesarstone, Cambria, Silestone, and Vicostone. If you are looking for quartz countertops we are here to help you.
Let us know how we can assist you in your next purchase of natural stone countertops or quartz countertops! The purchase that will last forever.
Texas Counter Fitters is a partnership between a group of friends who have spent the majority of their lives working in the solid surface industry. Texas Counter Fitters specializes in the fabrication and installation of natural/engineered stone slab applications. They have collaborated to develop a sophisticated fabrication and installation company. Texas Counter Fitters goal is to provide experienced contractors and designers with the highest quality and most professional services the dimensional stone industry has to offer.
Why Texas Counter Fitters?
1. Experience – Over 50 years of combined experience in the natural stone / quartz counter-top business.
2. Selection – We are certified vendors of Caesarstone, Silestone, Cambria, and Vicostone quartz products. We have accounts with all the natural stone slab distributors in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Which give you access to over 200,000 slabs and 1000 colors of natural stone.
3. Turn around time – We have one of the fastest turn around times in the DFW metroplex we can install 7 days after template.
4. Quality – We are proud of every job we finish. We deliver top quality workmanship every time. That is a guarantee. We will never leave a job unfinished or a customer unsatisfied.
5. Detail – We are a true custom fabrication facility we can turn your design visions into reality.
Q Quartz Countertops
LG Viatara Countertops
Dallas, Ft. Worth, Addison, Allen, Argyle, Arlington, Bedford, Blue Mound, Burleson, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Colleyville, Coppell, Corinth, Denton, Desoto, Duncanville, Euless, Fairview, Farmers Branch, Flower Mound, Forney, Frisco, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Heath, Hebron, Highland Park, Highland Village, Irving, Keller, Lake Dallas, Lake Worth, Lancaster, Lewisville, Little Elm, Lucas, Mckinney, Mesquite, Murphy, Parker, Plano, Prosper, Richardson, Richland Hills, Rockwall, Rowlett, Southlake, The Colony, Trophy Club, University Park, Westlake, and Wylie
Frequently asked questions about natural stone countertops
What is granite?
Granite is a common widely occurring type of rock, which is granular and crystalline in texture. Granite consists mainly of quartz, mica, and feldspar. Granites can range in color from black to pink. By definition, granite is an igneous rock with at least 20% quartz by volume. Granite is always hard, tough and flexible, making it useful in a wide range of construction applications.
What is marble?
Marble is a common widely occurring type of metamorphic rock, primarily consisting of calcite and dolomite. Marble is formed by the metamorphism of limestone. Marble is typically white to gray in color. Marble often has irregular colored marks due to the presence of impurities such as clay. Marble has been used for centuries in sculptures and construction applications.
What is the difference between granite and marble?
1. Durability – Marble countertops are softer than granite countertops so they stain and scratch easier than granite countertops. Granite countertops contain quartz, so it is hard to stain or scratch and can withstand high heats that will dull marble countertops. With that said, Italians have used marble for years. The more stained, scratched, and dulled the surface, the more desirable to them!
2. The look – Marble countertops and granite countertops can look very different. Granite countertops are typically granular in nature and are considered “busy”. Marble countertops have a flow to them, not as many breaks or “busyness”.
3. Maintenance – Marble countertops need your utmost attention and care. Acids, metals, and heat are all enemies of marble. Granite countertops are stronger and need less sealing and care.
Where in the world do natural stone slabs come from?
The answer is everywhere, from Texas to Australia. The top exporters of natural stone slabs used for countertops are Brazil and Italy. Both countries buy quarried blocks from around the globe and then fabricate the blocks into slabs to be used for your countertop!
How long will natural stone countertops last?
Your granite, marble, quartzite, onyx, or limestone countertops are already thousands of years old. As long as you desire your countertops they will last.
Will natural stone countertops increase the value of my home?
Yes! Natural stone countertops are the most desired solid surface material in the market place. Most people love natural stone countertops and most realtors will tell you that not only is it easier to sell your home if you have natural stone countertops, but they increase the value of your home!
How do I best maintain my natural stone countertops?
The old rule of thumb is to never use anything you wouldn’t use on your hands. Never use powdered cleansers or abrasive pads to clean your stone. Even “soft scrub” type cleaners contain pumice, which is powdered volcanic stone, and might damage your stone countertops or floors. Never use any product which is acidic; this includes substances like ammonia or many common liquid cleaners such as Windex. You should always use sealers and cleaning products designed specifically for natural stone or simply warm soapy water.
How much do natural stone countertops cost?
Natural stone countertops vary in price due to desirability, availability, and transportation costs. The price now varies from $30/psf to $300/psf.
How long will it take me to get my new countertops?
Once we have measured your countertops and have all the information we need such as edging, color, thickness, sinks, ect. We can install your countertops 7 days from when all complete information has been collected.
Where else can I use natural stone slabs in my home?
Whatever you can imagine, we can help you achieve. Some people use natural stone slabs for wall art, fireplace surrounds, tub decks, floors, windowsills, backsplashes, and the uses go on and on.
Have more questions?
Please contact one of our experienced sales consultants:
There’s more to your counter-tops than just choosing the type of stone you want showcased in your home, but the type of personality giving edge to finish… Read more “How edgy are you?”
Maintaining your granite counter-tops may be easier than you think! Granite is quite resistant to bacteria, an important consideration for kitchen counters in particular. First and… Read more “Easy 3 Step Process in Cleaning your Granite Counter-tops”